A WIN-WIN PROGRAM
Each year, community-minded employers identify key personnel to participate as Ambassadors in the annual United Way campaign. These individuals expand United Way’s ability to support the organizations that conduct annual workplace campaigns.
Ambassadors act as consultants, relationship builders and resource development professionals as well as inform and share with companies the United Way message through verbal and written communications. They will also interact with a variety of business and community leaders including CEO’s and other senior level management, elected officials and leaders.
• Conduct employee group meetings, kickoff events, key worker training sessions and other public speaking engagements.
• Attend planning meetings with the company coordinator to discuss:
– Company campaign goal
– How to organize a campaign
– How to engage key workers, volunteers and planning committee
– Determine campaign supplies and quantities needed
The United Way Ambassador program offers individuals an opportunity to receive personalized time management, networking, social and electronic media etiquette, presentation and leadership skills. This program also offers an opportunity to spend time with community leaders and area business CEO’s in small group setting.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is goal oriented, eager to learn, interested in community affairs and ready to advance their career. Alumni have increased their effectiveness and business skills due to their experience as a United Way Ambassador.
• Rising young professionals
• Currently employed
• Able to complete the program
• Leadership potential
Ambassador Program Timeline:
Start Date: August 7
End Date: November 15
Orientation Dates: August 7 – August 9
Company Sponsor Requirements:
Support your candidate throughout the program by:
– Providing an average of 16-20 hours a week for your Ambassador (includes professional development training)
– Hold follow up meeting to gauge Ambassador growth and commitment
Click here to download the flier.
Also, 2019 UWCF Ambassadors will receive tickets to the Southeastern University Leadership Forum on March 13, 2020. Click here for more information.
If your organization is interested in sponsoring for the UWCF Ambassador program or would like additional information, please contact Dale Stills, Senior Director of Resource Development at 863.648.1500 x267 or firstname.lastname@example.org