Wednesday, April 29, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis announced phase 1 of reopening businesses safely in Florida.
Florida Phase 1: Effective Monday, May 4, 2020
• Schools must continue distance learning
• Visits to senior living facilities are prohibited
• Elective surgeries can resume
• Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with six feet of space between tables
• Indoor seating at restaurants must be at 25% capacity
• Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity.
• No change for bars, gyms and personal services, like hairdressers
• Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside the home
Social distancing recommendations are still in place. Everyone is being asked to continue to maximize their physical distance from others.
Socializing in groups of 10 or more should still be avoided.
The state of Florida is recommending people wear face coverings if they’re interacting face-to-face with someone and can’t social distance. The Governor recommended the use of face masks in workplaces.
The Governor’s Executive Order does not mandate the use of masks.
If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, accessing free childcare, or other essential services, call, text or email 211.