United Way of Central Florida partner organization, Personal Finance Center of Polk County, announced FREE virtual financial education classes will be offered every Thursday in June.
Classes will be hosted via Zoom by Mulberry Community Center coaches throughout the month of June in partnership with Crystal Lake Elementary.
1392 N Church Ave, Mulberry, FL 33860
Financial Stability Program Overview
Free financial education and coaching are available to all residents of Polk, Hardee and Highlands counties. Savings incentives, job credentialing scholarships, and grant funds are also available.
- Live classes hosted throughout the year in various locations within our service area (must attend all four sessions).
- Curriculum available online through FDIC Money Smart Online (upon completion participant must send us completion certificates to document). Young adult and Spanish curriculum are available as well.
- One-on-One case management sessions are available.
Incentives available after graduating education program:
- $150 Savings Match Incentive: Increase savings by $300 and receive an incentive of up to $150. Must provide savings statements from date education was acquired to date participants request savings incentive match, including proof of income (paystub, child support, disability, social security, etc.)
Job Credentialing Scholarships (Must complete $300 Savings to be eligible)
- Up to $300 fee will be paid directly to the vendor and they must be willing to accept payment AFTER client has successfully completed whatever credentialing program they are pursuing. Current partnerships include Elite Healthcare in Lakeland and Luster Training Center in Bartow.
$2,000 Savings for Assets Matching Grant (Must complete $300 Savings to be eligible)
- This program is funded by United Way of Central Florida and has income guidelines for eligibility. Participant income levels must be within 200% of the poverty level for their household size. Participants are given a maximum of three years to save up to $2,000. Funds can be used toward buying their first home, going to college or trade school, purchasing reliable work transportation, or starting a small business. Payment will be issued directly to vendor. Participants must be in the program for a minimum of six months before they can receive a payout.
- Free Financial Coaching available throughout the service area
- Free Credit Counseling available throughout the service area
- Free Tax Preparation available throughout the service area