United Way of Central Florida is pleased to offer a Request for Proposals from Polk County Unites, a partnership with the Polk County BoCC and United Way of Central Florida. The partnership provides economic relief to Polk County residents recently laid off, furloughed or who have lost wages as a result of the impact of COVID-19.
An intent to apply must be submitted by 5 p.m. on May 13, 2020. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on May 14, 2020. Funding approval contingent on a signed contract between Polk County and UWCF.
Funds may be requested for up to $1 million. If approved, it is UWCF’s goal to make funding available as quickly as possible.
The CARES Act established the Coronavirus Relief Fund (the “Fund”). Please refer to the Coronavirus Relief Fund released on April 22, 2020.
This RFP is open only to 501(c)(3) organizations in Polk County addressing the following priorities as specifically defined in the CARES Act and subject to the conditions set forth therein:
- Rent and Mortgage Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Childcare and Adult Care Assistance
- Emergency Needs (needs to be clarified in RFP application)
Qualified applicants should provide direct economic assistance to clients in need as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
How to Apply
To move resources quickly, we have developed a simple application process.
- The intent to apply must be submitted by 5 pm on Wednesday May 13, 2020 through the United Way of Central Florida’s online portal.
- Applications must be submitted by 5 pm on Thursday May 14, 2020 through the United Way of Central Florida’s online portal. We are not able to grant any extensions to this deadline.
- You may request up to $1,000,000. Note that the Polk County Unites Committee reserves the right to award partial funding. Please note that your organization will be subject to additional audits if you receive any of the CARES Act federal funds. Please contact your auditing firm for more information.
- The Polk County Unites Committee will notify organizations of awards as funding decisions are made. Grant recipients will be required to enter into a memorandum of understanding to receive the grant funds.
- Grant awards will be sent by ACH (electronic payment). Grant recipients will be required to send information to receive an ACH deposit.
If funded, a bi-monthly report must be submitted to the online portal outlined in your award letter and memorandum of understanding. Reporting requirements will include items such as:
- How were grant funds utilized;
- Amount of funds dispersed to date;
- Population served;
- Number served;
- What type of assistance; and
- Zip codes of those served.
Additional reporting may be required by the United Way of Central Florida or BoCC which will be included in the final memorandum of understanding.
Questions may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org