$15 Million in Relief to go to Local Nonprofits.
LAKELAND, FL – United Way of Central Florida is excited to announce $15 million in federal relief CARES Act funding will be distributed to Polk County residents through local nonprofits.
The CARES Act established the Coronavirus Relief Fund. Please refer to the Coronavirus Relief Fund released on April 22, 2020.
Polk County Unites, a partnership with the Polk County Board of County Commissioners and UWCF, provides economic relief to Polk County residents laid off, furloughed or who have lost wages as a result of the impact of COVID-19.
Polk County residents in need of assistance can contact United Way’s 2-1-1 referral service by dialing 2-1-1 or texting their zip code to 898-211.
The agencies receiving funds to distribute are:
- Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc.
- Camp Fire USA
- CareerSource Polk
- Catholic Charities
- Central Florida Health Care
- Church Service Center
- Florida Baptist Children’s Homes/One More Child
- Frostproof Care Center
- Girls Inc. Lakeland
- Heart 4 Winter Haven
- HELP of Fort Meade
- Lake Wales Care Center
- Lake Wales Ministerial Alliance
- Mulberry Community Service Center
- RCMA – Polk
- Salvation Army of East Polk
- Salvation Army of Lakeland & West Polk
- St Vincent de Paul Haines City
- St Vincent de Paul Lakeland
- The Way Center
- Theatre Winter Haven
- Women’s Resource Center
- YMCA of West Central Florida