SAVE WITH RECYCLED MATERIALS
Recycle and save for a rainy day at the same time with a Milk Jug Pig! I used to make a pig like this as a Valentine’s Day box to collect and hold Valentine cards from school mates, but it works great as a bank too.
- Gallon or half gallon milk jug, washed
- 2 empty toilet paper tubes, cut in half at 45 degree angles as four “legs” (or one paper towel tube). Corks or thread spools will work too.
- Assorted scraps: pipe cleaners, felt, material scraps, colored paper, ribbons, strings, and sequins and glitter for a fancy pig
- Cut coin slot on the top
- Cut ear shapes from paper or felt
- Attach the feet and ears to jug using tape or glue (after coloring to make it easier)
- Insert tail or glue one on.
- Add eyes and a face using markers, crayons or paper. Don’t forget nose holes on the bottle cap!