Tocqueville Society Members Come Together to Ignite Lasting Change
When philanthropic leaders come together, their giving multiplies and their impact increases exponentially. Through generous giving and like-minded philanthropic leadership, members of the United Way of Central Florida’s Alexis de Tocqueville Society are raising the bar for community change in Polk, Hardee and Highlands counties.
The United Way Tocqueville Society is a national network of community leaders and philanthropists who make an individual contribution of $10,000 or more annually and who are committed to championing health, education and financial stability for their communities. In Central Florida, the Tocqueville Society’s 110 members are taking on some of our community’s most critical issues to lead sustainable changes:
- Improve school readiness and increase graduation rates by supporting parents in preparing children for success in school, work and life;
- Improve health by providing services that improve the physical and behavioral health of adults and children;
- Improve financial stability by connecting families with resources to save money, increase income, manage debt and improve credit scores;
- Improve access to food by eliminating food insecurities and providing access to healthy food;
- and much more.
You Have the Power to Lead Change
The over 400 Tocqueville Societies across the U.S. are made up of passionate, community-minded individuals who share a spirit of philanthropy and engage locally to improve the lives of others. Your generous gift to United Way of Central Florida will automatically qualify you to join this distinguished group of individuals who together are influencing, inspiring and leading long-lasting changes in our community.
Benefits of Membership
- Engage more deeply with the United Way of Central Florida’s mission to learn about and identify critical community issues and help drive sustainable solutions
- Network with a distinguished group of like-minded Central Florida business and community leaders and inspire others to greater philanthropy
- Attend local and national signature events and volunteer programs with other top philanthropists
- Be nationally recognized as a philanthropic leader and influencer of positive change
The United Way Tocqueville Society was named after Alexis de Tocqueville, a 19th-century French political thinker and historian who admired values he witnessed while traveling throughout the U.S. – liberty, equality and the spirit of neighbor helping neighbor.
- Membership levels, inspired by these values, begin at $10,000 annually and continue through the $10 Million
- You can also become a Tocqueville member through a step-up gift amount that incrementally increases over a three-year period while you enjoy membership benefits starting year one
Learn more about our giving levels and step-up opportunities today.